Sauteed cabbage and turkey delicious recipe for spring diet
Sauteed cabbage and turkey is yet another one of my go to recipes when I start with the spring cleaning, getting rid of any extras around my hips, thighs and stomach 🙂
- 3 young bigger carrots
- 1 smaller head of baby cabbage
- 1 smaller onion
- 2-3 scallions
- 1/2 leek
- 400 gr turkey meat
- handful of parsley
- 1/4 teaspoons ground red paprika
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Wash and chop all vegetables into tiny pieces.
- Chop meat in cubes.
- Saute garlic and onion on some olive oil at the medium temperature, then add chopped carrot and saute it for 3 minutes all together.
- Add turkey meat chopped into cubes and keep sauteing it.
- Add leek, chopped scallion and tomato puree.
- Mix it all together and leave for the flavors to mix for about a minute.
- Afterwards, add water and leave to cook.
- After 20 minutes of cooking, I added a bouillon cube, salt and pepper and cooked it for 15 more minutes.
- When everything is cooked, remove it from the burner, chop a lot of parsley and serve it.
What is healthy and low in fat does not necessary have to taste bad… and it is exactly what this recipe proves.
Baby cabbage in season is full of flavors, and if you need some carrot, scallions and parsley to it… And then you mix it with low fat turkey meat. It is a real spring pot full of vitamins, minerals, proteins and healthy fats…
It certainly did not take me an entire day to prepare these groceries and sauteed cabbage and turkey.
All together is should be ready in about 60 minutes together with drinking coffee with my sister 🙂
Also, there come moments when I like to go back to the dishes I grew up on. Sauteed meat and cabbage is what makes a truly ours, Balkan dish.
Exactly my cup of tea 🙂 Sauteed cabbage and turkey
Sauteed cabbage and turkey recipe
I mixed all kinds of ingredients into this new pot, the red Creuset one, and now I strut my stuff 🙂 here we have: carrots, baby cabbage, onion, scallion, leek, turkey breast, parsley… then some salt, pepper and a bouillon cube, depends on your taste, tomato puree, garlic and ground red paprika…
You do not need to add all of the ingredients at the same time, because some ingredients cook faster.
I fried garlic and onion on some olive oil, added chopped carrot and stirred it for 2-3 minutes so that it does not burn.
Only after that, I added meat… and sauteed it until the liquid completely reduced.
Add scallions and leek afterwards… then the tomato puree… water should be added last, just enough to cover all ingredients.
I placed the tomato puree directly at the bottom of the pot to eliminate its acidity. 20 seconds later, I added water as well. This time I did not have any fresh tomatoes, so this was a trick I chose. If you have fresh tomatoes, it is best to use them… you only need to blanch tomatoes to remove the skin.
Whenever I cook, salt and all other spices come last, and here it was also the case… one bouillon cube (vegetable) some salt and pepper. After removing the pot from the burner, I chopped a lot of parsley. Usually, you can add coriander as well. The flavor is a bit stronger that way.
It took me about 15 minutes to prepare this spring pot, and some 30-45 minutes to cook it all.
Every spoonful was definitely pure joy 🙂