Really homemade lasagna with roasted red peppers and raclette cheese
The say „already spring“.
Immediately I put my nose in the freezer to check if it is already spring there as well. I was very surprised by what I saw. There are some things which represent the winter, which never come to order. By this I mean the red roasted peppers and they are still there. We didn’t eat them. Sure, I forgot them.
- 10-12 roasted red peppers
- 500 gr beef minced meat
- 4 tbsp flour all purpose
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 cup milk
- 20 gr butter
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 250 gr raclette cheese or some other melting cheese
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- Buy, wash and bake the red pepper into the oven 10 minutes on every side at 170°C.
- Put the saucepan over the medium heat, added a little bit of oil and stew only the minced meat.
- When it gets a golden brown color I added cut onion and garlic, and stew altogether about 10 minutes more.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes on 1/4 and add them stew minced meat, add also beef stock cube and mix it all together.
- Stew altogether for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan put the butter on the medium heat and stew the flour, I stir it several times before I added milk, the other one beef stock cubes, and nutmeg.
- Bechamel sauce needs continuous stir.
- After you finish you bechamel sauce, the time has come to make layers in a lasagna dish.
- In separate baking pot which could go into the oven put the layer of roasted red bell peppers, a layer of minced meat then bechamel sauce and cheese. I repeated all the layers as long as I had the material, but I took care to cover the top lasagne with cheese.
- Do not cover and put into the oven. Bake at 170°C for about 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes it is done, and ready to be eaten.
It does not make sense that the winter food enters spring. Although, this spring is like the winter, cold and snow.
I turn the button on (brain button on) and decided to make lasagna with roasted red peppers.
Started from here to make perfect lasagna with roasted red peppers
In the freezer, I had about 12 already roasted red peppers. Then I just defrosted the peppers. But you can do it on your own, it is very simple. Buy, wash and bake the red peppers in the oven 10 minutes on every side at 170°C.
In the grocery store, I find beef minced meat very good in quality, about 10 cherry tomatoes and already had raclette cheese. But you can use cheese if you prefer. However, it should be melted.
Also, I made everything else that will give some taste to lasagna with roasted red peppers in advance, such as butter, flour, milk, garlic, red onion, salt and pepper and nutmeg.
First I put the saucepan at the medium heat, added a little bit of oil and stew only the minced meat. When it turned golden brown color I added cut onion and garlic, and stew altogether about 10 minutes more. In the end, I added a beef stock cube and cherry tomatoes and mix it all together.
In a separate saucepan, I made bechamel sauce on my way…Put the butter at the medium heat and stew the flour, I stir it several times before I add milk, the other one beef stock cubes, and nutmeg.
After I made a bechamel sauce and the meat part, I started to layer lasagna.
One layer of roasted red bell peppers, a layer of minced meat then bechamel sauce and cheese. I repeated all the layers as long as I had the material, but I took care to cover the top layer of lasagne with cheese. I like to see the baked dish with golden brown crust especially made of cheese.
Baked lasagna prepared in this way is so good, that everybody will try to eat someone else’s dish first because they always will have enough time for their own.
This recipe will be in my Top 5 recipes with roasted red pepper. If you like roasted red pepper, here you can check how awesome they are.