Bruschetta with goat cheese and strawberries
This weather is so fickle.
I don’t know if it winter or not anymore … I’m afraid … I’m ready for spring now.
- 1 baguette sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100 gr spread goat cheese
- 150 gr crumbled goat cheese
- 10 strawberries
- 25 gr nuts
- 30 gr fresh basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- salt and pepper according to your taste
- Finely cut fresh basil leaves, also do the same with 2-3 strawberries.
- You can put nuts in the food processor and make a 2-3 circle to cut them.
- Mix both kinds of cheese, add basil, strawberries, nuts, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Slice the baguette and make a toast of the slices.
- While the bread is still warm, spread the creamy goat cheese on the sliced baguette. Arrange sliced strawberries on the top and finish by sprinkling balsamic glaze on the top.
- You can put this spread of goat cheese in the glass jar, cover it, and storage in the fridge for 5 days.
I mean, I’ll even skip spring… I’m actually soooo ready for summer!
And the evidence that I’m not saying nonsense is below..
We will start with my garden…
Today is January 18th, 2017, and my garden decided, too, that it has had enough of this winter and she put on some spring makeup.
And then spring showed up on my plate, too.
There are strawberries, goat cheese, olive oil, fresh basil, some nuts for crunchy taste, and some ground spices…that is how we get Bruschetta with goat cheese.
How to make bruschetta with goat cheese and strawberries
I made bruschetta with rye bread, but you can use whichever you like. The best one is a baguette, because of its shape. Baguette or some other bread has to be sliced very thin. You can put that slices into the oven and sprinkle them with olive oil or you can make a toast in the toaster.
While the toast was being prepared in the toaster or the oven, I made a creamy goat cheese.
For this recipe, I used both types of cheese, crumbled and creamy (spread).
I prepared and a handful of nuts – cut them or put in the food processor to crush them.
Also, I washed fresh basil leaves, then I shredded them. I love to feel basil but I don’t love to have it on my teeth. This is why I decide to cut it finely.
Then I mixed all the ingredients, added salt and pepper according to my taste, olive oil, 2-3 strawberries…And finally, I got a very delicious and aromatic spread with a taste of freshness.
Once the spread and the toast were done…
It was time for layering…a layer of creamy cheese… a layer of strawberries… a layer of balsamic glaze…and that’s while the bread is still warm…
It looks like this, very decorative
You can put this spread of goat cheese in a glass jar, cover it, and storage in the fridge for 5 days.
Because today is one special day …You don’t become an aunt every day…I served this tasty bruschetta with a glass of good Champagne!
I do not have a lot of pictures, not only because of the champagne but because the bruschetta with goat cheese disappeared while I was changing the lens …
*Note: You can make your own balsamic glaze just put one cup of balsamic vinegar to boil and simmer for at least 30 minutes to reduce in volume by 1/2. Or you can buy it in the supermarket.