How to make homemade chicken tortillas with baby cabbage
This is what it usually looks like in my case when I am on a diet, or change my diet for spring. Chicken tortillas 🙂
Mexican cuisine and tortillas are simply inevitable when you decide to announce that you ‘start your diet on Monday’.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (add extra chili powder to your liking if you like spicy)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 gr white chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce per tortilla
- some grated Cheddar cheese for decoration
- 1/2 smaller baby cabbage grated
- 1 celery stick
- 1/2 grated white radish (medium size)
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- scallions optional
- salt, pepper
- First prepare the marinade for chicken by combining lime juice, honey, garlic, grated lime zest, olive oil, coriander, chopped hot pepper or chili, garlic, salt and pepper, and optionally chili powder to spice it up.
- When you have combined all the ingredients, add boneless chicken to it and leave it for 2 hours to marinate.
- Grate baby cabbage and white radish, and optionally some scallions in the mean time.
- Combine sour cream, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in the separate dish along with the dressing into which you will add grated cabbage, and white radish and optionally some scallions. Stir it well because you will use it to stuff the tortillas.
- 2 hours later, take the chicken out of the marinade and grill it on all sides on the grill pan so that it turns golden brown.
- Add some coriander and garlic from marinade while grilling.
- When the meat is done, cut it into smaller pieces and add all of the ingredients into the tortilla. Use chili sauce (or sweet chili sauce), coriander and grated Cheddar cheese for decoration.
- Cover the tortillas and they are ready to be served.
Although it is not exactly Monday 🙂
And my advice on what to eat in order to lose weight is…
Which part of chicken is immune to aromas?
I could have decided for any part of the chicken meat to prepare this awesome lunch, the only important thing was getting rid of bones. As white meat is my favorite part, and I do not like skin, my decision was the chicken breast fillet. In case you prefer chicken drumstick or thighs, just remove the bones… in case you also like skin, if you have cleaned it well and have a reliable butcher, feel free to leave it.
Marinade consists of lime juice, honey, olive oil, garlic, coriander and chilli as an inevitable part of Mexican cuisine…
I combined all of these ingredients well and added chicken to them. Chicken should spend approximately 2 hours marinading.
Afterwards, I removed it and put it on the grill pan, and you can also decide for the actual grill. I put some coriander and marinade garlic on top of it and grilled it until it turned golden brown. That would all look so much better with skin.
What about the baby cabbage?
As it is the cabbage season, the diet works better with it 🙂 it could not be left out.
I grated cabbage and prepared dressing for the salad. You will need sour cream, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, white radish, come celery and of course, salt and pepper. Grate some white radish, cut the celery and spices and the dairy part and mix it all well. Afterwards, add grated cabbage to the mixture and stir it.
The chicken tortillas finale
All that was left now was to make the tortillas (put meat, cabbage, white radish and celery along with the dressing and coriander), cover, additionally season with some chili sauce (or sweet chili sauce) and grated Cheddar cheese and here you go, the grand chicken tortilla finale 🙂
How I make chicken tortillas – wrap?
First, cover the bottom part of tortilla, then the side left one, and the side right one. After that, the only thing left to do is get on it:)
What is the challenge and the healthy diet about this chicken tortillas?
It was a pretty big challenge for me to eat only one of these 🙂 And in case I do manage to do so, I will not be able to wait for the next Monday and the start of the new diet 🙂