Chicken fajita with guacamole and tzatziki sauce
A combination of two traditional cuisines
To put it simply, we love eating great food.
You cannot see that on us, but one thing that you also cannot see after „loving food“ is that we plug in ourselves and run until the food comes off of our bodies 🙂 .
- 3 chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into cubes
- 150 gr cheddar cheese
- 3 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 gr sweet corn
- 1 onion
- 500 ml Greek yogurt
- 3 small cucumber
- dill, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1 avocado
- lettuce according your taste
- chili pepper, could be also the fresh one
- Chicken breast and red bell pepper chopped into cubes.
- Shredded Cheddar cheese and cucumber in separate containers.
- Chop green onions, onion and garlic.
- Squeeze lime.
- Cut avocado, remove a large pit, and remove the avocado flesh with a spoon.
- Cut lettuce into small pieces.
- Make guacamole sauce following the description on how to do it at the beginning of the text.
- Make tzatziki sauce, recipe linked to the beginning of the text.
- In a large hot heavy pan cook onion, add chicken until it gets golden.
- Add red bell pepper and cook for about 2-3 minutes, then add corn, onion, salt, pepper and chili. Cook everything together for another minute.
- Fill tortilla with cooked chicken and red bell pepper. Add shredded cheddar cheese, tzatziki and guacamole salad.
- Twist tortilla as indicated on tortilla package.
- Enjoy while the meat is still warm.
Unfortunately, I have never been to Mexico, but I cook like a Mexican 🙂 (I’m kidding, of course). This is one of my favorite cuisines.There was not an occasion in which I prepared something Mexican, and we didn’t overeat… every single one of us.
Do you know what that looks like?
We drag ourselves away from the table and sit either on the bed or on the floor, for the next hour, to at least try, to digest what we had gulped.
Our hungry eyes…
Then, on the other side, the Greek traditional cuisine was used in the shape of tzatziki sauce. About tzatziki I wrote here it’s a must for my whole family. The first thing you order in a Greek pub are two Greek and two tzatziki salads…
No, I don’t eat it all by myself… there are 4 of us.
Chicken fajita and tzatziki sauce
The Greek and Mexican tradition on one plate.
As opposed to the traditional Mexican fajita, which is ‘a bit’ stronger, this is an ideal recipe after a lavish weekend feast.
Here you’ll need two tortillas… as a basis of the recipe.
You can buy tortilla in a supermarket as a done product, or you can make it yourself.
You can also buy tzatziki, but it tastes much better when you prepare it yourself. It is a very simple recipe to make. You’ll need a cucumber, Greek yogurt, and some spice, and the recipe is here.
Avocado and guacamole sauce
Guacamole sauce, for those who might not have heard, is a sauce made from ripe avocados, garlic, and lime juice. Avocado has to be cut lengthwise (slowly, because the pit is in the middle), remove a large pit, and remove the avocado flesh with a spoon. Put it into a blender, or whatever you have, squeeze lime, add 1 clove of garlic and mix all together. Someone likes chopped guacamole, but for me, it is better with the paste or pate structure.
Now, the guacamole sauce for this recipe is finished.
What I like to add at the end is the cheddar cheese, grated. If you do not have cheddar cheese you may replace it with gouda, or some similar cheese … it’s just important that it’s a little softer and it melts in your mouth.
Now that we’ve prepared all the ingredients we can put them in a tortilla. Do not overfill it, otherwise it will fall out and leak all over the place … there is always the option for another tortilla … and then another … and another …. and so we become little piglets 🙂 .
You can see the instructions on the packaging on how to prepare tortilla… If that’s too hard for you, then the pancake shape is a perfect option…
Now grab your tortilla with chicken and enjoy 🙂 !