Magical almond and honey cubes
I don’t know what to say to you as an introduction to this magical almond and honey cake. It’s simply out of this world.
It goes great with coffee, or a Sunday afternoon. Actually, it’s great in all occasions.
- 150 gr of flour
- 80 gr of ground almonds
- 90 gr of sugar
- 90 gr of melted butter
- 5 gr of nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 50 gr of sugar
- 90 gr of honey
- 100 gr of milk chocolate (you can also use dark chocolate)
- 30 gr of chopped almonds
- Heat up the oven and coat with butter the mold in which we will bake the cake.
- Mix well sifted flour, nutmeg, sugar and butter in one bowl.
- Fill the mold with this mixture and bake for about 12 minutes at 180°C.
- In the meantime, mix eggs, sugar, honey and melted chocolate in the other bowl to make a filling.
- Drop the oven temperature to 150-160°C, pour the filling over the crust, add chopped almonds and bake for about 30-40 minutes more.
- Once it's done, take out of the oven, cool it down and cut into cubes.
- Serve with tea or coffee.
All the ingredients are Crème de la crème: honey, almonds, butter and nutmeg as a secret ingredient.
Now that I’m mentioning it, I will give you some ideas on how to use it 🙂
Nutmeg as a spice
Nutmeg is a nut and woody plant. The trees start producing fruit only after the 7th year and they stay fertile for more than 40 years.
Ripe fruits look like peaches or nectarines. They are picked as ripe directly from the tree, or by picking them off the ground. Then, the fruits are dried so that the nutmeg comes out.
Dried seed is hard, oval and light brown.
It’s mostly used in the baking industry when making cakes and biscuits. It is also the main ingredient of the egg liqueur. In Europe, it is often used as addition to the vegetable purees. You can mix it with cheese, spinach, bechamel sauce. You can also try it with moussaka like the Greek, whereas Italians put it in lasagna, believe it or not. It’s also one of the ingredients in the mix of spices in India and the Middle East.
It’s not a secret that it’s good for digestion 🙂
Now lets get back to our almond and honey cake…
Almond and honey cake
Let me say just one more thing…
If you are trying to stay fit, don’t even think about making it because you’ll eat it all by yourself…
For us, who can’t resist good pastry, this is how it’s made.
If you like eating something sweet with your coffee like me, then this is also an amazing option.