Amazing alternative to make good roasted duck breast recipe
Roasted duck breast recipe is another recipe from the book of recipes called „lagging, but not forgotten“. It may be the best and the simplest roasted duck recipe. Especially for a party with friends with some „finger food“ snacks.
- 500 gr of duck breasts
- 1 oil spoon
- 4 teaspoons of Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of pepper (a pinch on meat, the rest in the spread)
- chive for decoration
- pomegranate for decoration
- reduced balsamic vinegar for decoration
- mini buns cut in half
- salt for meat
- Leave the skin on the duck breasts, clean them a bit with water and then dry with kitchen napkin.
- Put the duck breasts on the side that has skin on in a heated pan and roast for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then turn them on the other side and also roast for about 3-4 minutes.
- If you think it's too raw for your taste you can extend the roasting time on every side up to 3 minutes or bake the duck breasts in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- After roasting the duck breasts, leave them aside to rest.
- In the meantime make the spread by mixing the Greek yogurt, horseradish and pepper in a homogeneous mixture.
- Cut the duck breasts in thin slices.
- Put the horseradish spread on the over baked bread or mini buns, then a slice of duck breasts, sprinkle with chive, pomegranate, reduced balsamic vinegar and serve.
I highly recommend it as a part of holiday food, and as an answer to eternal questions of what to make for New Year’s Eve or Christmas or some other special day.
Roasted duck breast recipe
This recipe for duck meat is very simple and quick and it has two parts:
This time I used duck breasts, and the rest of the duck I put into a soup.
Cleaned the duck meat just a little bit with water, and then dried it well with a kitchen napkin. I didn’t make any kind of special marinade, I just sprinkled a bit of pepper and salt. And I didn’t take off the skin from the duck breasts because that’s where all the flavours I need for this super quick recipe are, and it also acts as protection so that the meat doesn’t dry up.
How to roast duck breast perfectly?
I heated the pan with a bit of oil. Then put the duck breast into the pan on the side where the skin was.
I roasted on one side for 3-4 minutes, then I turned the meat over and roasted it on the other side for 3-4 minutes.
To roast the duck breasts perfectly I had two options, but in both cases the meat should not be entirely roasted and dried, but on the scale from 1 to 5, it should be a 3 so to speak:
- To heat up the oven at 180°C and bake the duck breasts some more for about 20 minutes.
- Or to extend the roasting period in the pan for about 2-3 minutes on every side.
If you don’t like medium rare, then roast them longer, but duck breasts can be very stringy and dry in this case.
When I baked the duck breasts, I left them aside to rest, while I started making the spread.
Sauce or spread preparation
For the sauce or spread I used Greek yogurt, horseradish and pepper 🙂
Believe me, it was an excellent combination 🙂
I mixed all the ingredients together and that was it… it’s not rocket science.
The only thing left to do is…
I bought mini buns with sesame on which I put the spread I made, then I put thinly sliced duck breasts and sprinkled them with pomegranate and chive.
And as an icing on the cake, I put the reduced balsamic vinegar (you can buy it in the supermarket, on the shelves where oil is).
And then we all went for it…
You can replace the roasted duck breasts with rare beef steak or some other beef or veal. Since the meat should be rare, I don’t recommend pork.
Also, you can replace the buns with baked bread that is, toast.
And if you really don’t want to use the Greek yogurt, you can use sour cream, but the heaviest one 🙂