1st option: A salad dish or a spread
Avocado, tuna and boiled eggs
A healthy recipe rich in protein.
In order to make the healthiest meal possible, I used tuna in its own juice and some light mayonnaise, if that is even possible. You can certainly use different kids, it’s up to you.
A lighter variation of this recipe can be prepared without mayo, but with more Greek yoghurt.
I love the taste of pickles and that is why I put them in larger amounts. There are 5-6 of them in my recipe, but you can opt for more or less. This is a very adjustable recipe to all kinds of flavors.
Options for the consumption of this meal are:
- You can serve it on lettuce leaves and decorate it with cherry tomatoes, or you can make small fajitas with lettuce leaves which you can fill with the mixture of tuna, avocado and eggs (just like a tortilla, or a wrap, you know that McWrap from McDonald’s, just this is a healthier version)
- My choice is a spread for bread. I recommend using toasted, pure rye bread.
- It can also be used as a salad dish, you just need to add for instance some lettuce, celery, and grated carrot. Also add some more Greek yoghurt, and half a lemon to get a dressing.
In case you make more of it, you can keep it in the fridge for up to three days.
2nd option: Fitness breakfast in 5 minutes
Avocado with goat cheese
Another similar breakfast option in the combination with avocado is a sandwich with goat cheese and avocado. How healthy goat cheese and milk are, we discussed here, and we made some great goat cheese tart.
As for the ingredients, you’ll need:
- Goat sheese spread which you can either buy or prepare by mixing soft goat cheese with cream cheese or sour cream, spicing it with some pepper and chives.
- ½ of a ripe avocado sliced into thin pieces.
Preparation is very simple: first spread the goat cheese, put some avocado over it. For example I experimented with some cooked maze and raspberries and it was great.
I hope I succeeded to motivate you to try some new, tasty, healthy and simple recipes.