SoSporadic or not?
This sun can be very deceitful. We’ve had stuffed noses these days. And once we catch a cold, we immediately start searching for the old, reliable ‘medicines’, double doses of vitamins, starting now.
Well, that is very sporadic, we take double doses only after we’d caught a cold. We have to learn better.
So, this is my combination for this morning, banana, peach and ginger smoothie.
Ginger has multiple application. It is used for cooking and as addition to beverages, and in my case, that is banana, peach and ginger smoothie.
For more than 2000 years, Chinese medicine has recommended using ginger to help cure and prevent several illnesses. It is well known to positively affect the circulation and metabolism. It’s just what the doctor ordered, in my case, with my feet and hands always cold. Only, I would have to eat a lot of ginger.
With the improved blood flow, there’s less cold.
Which are the benefits of ginger?
- It affects the circulation, thus preventing shivering, fever, and excessive sweating
- It is great for prevention of a cold and the flu. Recommended usage for prevention of cold and flu for adults: pour hot water over 2 teaspoons of grated or chopped fresh ginger and drink two or three times a day.
- If you have respiratory problems, such as cough, ginger can help with lungs expansion, as well as letting through the secretion and getting rid of it. Thus, you can easily heal from the breathing difficulties.
- It is good at removing sickness which can occur while driving, but the scientists still haven’t found how it helps with removing this problem. They only know, that the patients that used powder ginger felt better than the ones that didn’t.
- It has proved to be very successful in curing morning sickness and stomach flu, in 75% cases.
- It helps with digestion and improves absorption, thus successfully avoiding potential stomach aches.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It is used in ovary cancer.
Which are the benefits of banana?
- It has little calories, in average 110 calories per banana.
- It doesn’t contain fats or cholesterol.
- It has a high level of potassium, necessary for good muscle and nerve function. It is good to have steel nerves these days.
- It contains vitamin C, even 15% of the recommended daily intake, B-6 significant for repairing the cells.
Banana, peach and ginger smoothie
Peaches can still be found and bought. As for the rest of the ingredients, we usually already have at home. So, nothing too demanding. In order to be able to make some peach smoothie later during the year, I froze a couple of sliced pieces.
You can all combine it with regular milk, soya milk, coconut water, or even yoghurt.
And this time, my Breville smoothie maker helped me with all of this.
Apart from peaches, you can also combine:
- Cherry- chia
- Domestic kale- mango
- Forest fruit